Level 2 Award in Food Safety
Who should take this course?
This course is recommended for anyone working where food is prepared, cooked or handled. Typical environments may include pubs, hotels, restaurants, supermarkets, hospitals, care homes and schools.
Duration: 1 Day
Assessment Format: Multi-choice exam
- Introduction to food safety
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling & cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding & re-heating of foods
- Food Handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
On completing this course candidates will be able to:
- Have a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved.
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, preparation, cooking and handling.
- Confidence and expertise to safety deliver quality food to customers
Award: On successful completion of the course candidates will be awarded a Level 2 certificate in food safety
Ofqual Qualification Ref: 500/5485/5
Cost: £ 90.00 + VAT per delegate