Level 3 Award in HACCP in Food Manufacturing / Catering
Who should take this course?
Regulation (EC) no 852/2004 requires that those responsible for the development and maintenance of the HACCP principles have received adequate training in the application of the HACCP principles: In order for employees to competently and confidently deal with this requirement, a thorough understanding of the Codex HACCP Principles is needed. This course will help anyone working in a manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled to understand the principles and purpose of HACCP and to be able to apply it correctly in their own workplace.
Duration: 2 Day
Assessment Format: Multi-choice exam
Pre-requisites: Advised level 2 Food
- Introduction to food safety management
- Developing of HACCP based systems
- The principles of Codex HACCP
- Applying HACCP based systems
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- How to identify, control and monitor significant hazards at points which are critical to food safety
- The appropriate corrective action to be taken when critical limits are breached.
- The types of documentation and records required
- An understanding of the need to review the HACCP system at appropriate times
Award: On successful completion, candidates will be awarded a Level 3 certificate in HACCP
Ofqual Qualification Ref: 500/7612/7